The Jotul Froya is an outdoor chiminea that is made from Corten steel. The outdoor wood stove has a modern chiminea design. The outdoor fire is very durable and can be left outdoors in all seasons.
The heat and light that the Jøtul Frøya outdoor fireplace creates will provide an inviting ambience for any social setting.
This outdoor stove comes with a fire tray that sits on the fuel bed to improve the flame effect and keep all the contents together. This fire also features carefully crafted cutouts near the flue and near the bottom to improve the distribution of heat.
- Outdoor patio heater
- Naturally oxidises to protect itself
- Comes part assembled
- Does not need a weather cover
- Should be installed on a non-flammable material
The flame effect created is much the same of a camp fire feeling. The Jotul Froya design will be the centre piece that will define your outdoor area to share with friends and family.
The Jotul Froya has been designed in such a way it produces the most amazing flames, this is due to the large amount of draw that the appliance can produce. It has neatly designed cutouts near the bottom and by the flue that equate to this action.
Made of Corten steel, the Jotul Froya can withstand all types of weather conditions and will naturally oxidise into a stylish patina “rusty” finish. This makes it possible to leave the fireplace outside all year around.
Black Enamel Base Plate
The black enamel base plate is in the shape of a ‘D’. A sleek looking enamelled finish. A very popular accessory with our customers. It is (700mm x 900mm) in size and perfectly pictures the fire area, overall creating a more appealing aesthetic. It is also used to protect the floor it is laid upon although it is not advised to place this outdoor fire on or near a combustible material, this is your judgement.
The Jotul Froya has an optional firescreen available. This firescreen is a thick durable mesh screen which protects the user from sparks or to reduce the flow of the fire. This firescreen sits perfectly on the front of the opening adding to the already aesthetically pleasing fire.
Appliances or products made from CORTEN Weathering Steel
- Products or appliances made from Corten steel are designed to live outside all year round.
- Corten steel was originally conceived for use in outside structures such as bridges and building and then adopted by Artists And Sculptors
- The product is generally not shipped with the protective layer of Oxidisation (Rust) as this is formed after the product is subjected to damp weather outside in the end user`s garden.
- Unlike Stainless steel products, Corten steel products that have not yet Oxidised may have scratches or abrasions on the surface, this is normal, as the surface will soon be covered with a layer of Oxidised Rust.
The Oxidisation layer will develop over months and is dependent on prevailing weather conditions. It is possible to accelerate the Oxidisation process by regularly soaking the outside of the appliance or product with water.