Our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from you.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by Maxfe Ltd t/a Bonfire Stoves, Fires, Flues and Mantels.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices.
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we may process includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name and address, contact details and contact details history.
- Product and installation information, such as product make, model and serial number, product fault/repair history.
- Marketing to you including history of those communications, information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you.
- What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Purchase and/or installation of products, servicing, recall by manufacturer, etc.
- To enable us to provide quotes and contracts.
- For direct marketing communications to offer you relevant products and services. We’ll send marketing to you by any of the following means; text, email, phone, post, and social media.
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- a) Where the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract ie provide quotes.
- b) To keep records of our communications with you and our staff during the above process.
- Legal and Vital Interest
- a) We are obligated to register your installation with the relevant professional bodies ie GasSafe, HETAS.
- b) We keep records of product make, models and serial numbers in case the manufacturer needs to make contact regarding a safety issue or you require spare parts.
- With your Consent or explicit consent:
For direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products and services. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post and social media and/or digital.
- When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We will never sell your information to a third party.
We will never share your information with any third parties apart from;
- Product Manufacturers – for safety reasons ie product recall
- Professional bodies relating to your installation for safety purposes only ie GasSafe, Hetas
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back-up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions.
- How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
- Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK but we would only transfer your personal information outside the EEA if a manufacturer needed to contact you concerning a safety issue regarding your appliance. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements.
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records.
- Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
If you wish to us to provide a quote or contract to purchase one of our products for delivery or installation you do need to provide certain information to us.
- Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
We may ‘monitor’ ie listen to, record, view, intercept, or take and keep records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as is required to managing your contract with us.
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as is required to provide an efficient after-sales service.
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
- Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website to exercise these rights.
- What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to us at; Bonfire Stoves, Fires, Flues and Mantels, Data Protection Dept, Unit 49, Easter Park, Benyon Road, Near Silchester, Berkshire, RG7 2PQ.